Well, it has been quite the day. It is so very cold out. I could not get into my car fast enough. Which reminds me that I found my secret key holder on the floor of the garage yesterday. This was quite the blessing. Because I use my secret key nearly as often as I use my regular keys. For those of us with Adhd, the magnetic key holder that goes under the car is a critical component of driving a car. The odds that I have my keys available when I approach my car are about 50/50. And this is where the magnetic key holder is a life saver. If I remembered to put it back the last time I used it. The man at A1 key on the north side is a good friend of mine. We are on a first name basis. But it is so much more efficient if I can just lay on the ground and retrieve my secret key. Recently I was at Petsmart, and upon returning to my car, I realized that I did not have my keys. No problem. I laid on the ground to find the magic key holder. A gentlemen approached me, and by the look on his face, he seemed afraid that he would have to perform cpr on me. He said "what are you doing?" " I am looking for my hidden key." "Why are you looking there"? Duh. "Because I keep it under my car". He looked confused. And then I realized that this was indeed, not my car. I drove a Toyota Forerunner. This was some kind of Chevy. Oops. Sorry. And I proceeded to find my car.
This was not too bad, actually. I have struggled to use my key, only to have someone approach me and ask me, again, what I was doing. Isnt it obvious? I'm opening my car. And yet, when I looked inside, it was actually the car of a person with a briefcase and a mountain dew. Sorry. But this is nothing compared to the time I locked my keys in the car, and was pleased to find that I had left the Forerunners sun roof open. As I was about to lower myself into my car, a guy approached and asked me "what are you doing". "obviously I am climbing into my car through the sun roof." Of course, it was not my car, and it is much more difficult to get out of a car through the sunroof than you would imagine. It would be helpful if I had the remote that came with the car, but that was gone within a few weeks. And so, I lay on the ground, in the snow, in the rain, and terrify old people who dont know CPR, and frighten young people who think that a middle age white woman is breaking into their car. And if all else fails, I call my friend at A1 key on the north side, and he comes to my rescue. It's always an adventure! Stay warm.
No comments:
Post a Comment